For those making year end entries in tally and those having huge volume of entries carrying some frequencies (daily/weekly/monthly) like rent, shop expenses, etc., to make in tally, this excel add-on might suit you well.
Making the entries in excel is quite easier than making it in tally as you have copy-paste, fill down, formulae, etc.
So you can make all the entries in excel and export the entries to tally in flash. Saves a lot of time.
All you need to do is:
- Enter the date, party name, ledger name and the amount in the excel.
- Select the voucher type (multiple types are supported in single upload)
- After entering all the vouchers, Click on 'Create Vouchers XML' & save the Vouchers xml file in an easily accessible location
- OPTIONAL: If you want to export masters also, then click on 'Filter Masters'
- List of masters to be exported will be displayed. Select the master type and then click on 'Export Masters XML' & save the file in an easily accessible location
- Import the Masters xml first, if you have exported it from excel.
- Import - Vouchers xml
IMPORTANT NOTE: For successful importing of entries ensure
- Masters (ledgers) already exist in tally before importing vouchers.xml
- the date format in windows has to be in "dd-mm-yy" format (to do that Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional Settings. On the Date tab, click the date format you want to use in the Short date style box, and then click OK.)
DOWNLOAD LINKS - V 3.1
Tags: Excel to Tally, Export to tally xml, Excel to tally xml, Export to Tally 7.2 tally 9 tally erp